Thursday, July 26, 2007

Displacer Beast

I have a picture of you that I love.

I have a picture of you that I love hanging on my wall.

I love the way I have a picture of you that I love hanging on my wall.

I love my wall.

I love the way I love my wall.

I don't much care for this poem I wrote about the picture of you that I love.

But that makes it easier to sell.

For money.

To buy a potion.

That will help me forget.

The pain I feel.

When I think about.

How bad this poem is.

Maybe I should buy a guitar.

And turn this poem into a song.

So that I can write a book.

About my musical career.

That they can turn into a movie.

And all the people who write poems and songs and books.

Will be inspired.

To make money.

To buy potions.

That help them forget.

The pain they feel.

When they think about.

How bad their poems and songs and books are.

Or maybe.

I should change the poem.

And make it all about how the potion.

That helps me forget the pain I feel.

When I think about how bad this poem is.

Is bad.

Well, whatever.

At least the guys that make movies.

Will never know.

How bad their movies are.

Unless I make another movie.

About how bad the movie about my musical career was.

Actually.

I don't even have a picture of you.

I just made that up.

'Cause it sounded good.

No comments: