Saturday, February 3, 2007

Welcome to the Show

I can see our Silver Strings.

I know the Script.

I can diverge from it, if I wish.

And I can stare down Those Who Punish Those Who Diverge From the Script, if required.

I can play directly to the Great Cosmic Camera.

I can see into the Dim Darkness beyond its Lens.

I can wink at specific members of the audience, and warm their faces into smiles, if I want to.

I can Turn Without Turning.

I can see into the Machinery of the Stage around me.

I know what lies behind the Curtain as well as I know what lies before it.

So do not be afraid.

Do not be afraid.

Do not be afraid until the lights go out and its time to get up from your seats and wander home silently through the dark streets where no one watches over you.

There is nothing to be afraid of, until then.

Welcome to the Show.

No comments: