Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Good

"You write well."

"Well... what?"

"Just, uh... well."

"Oh, you mean I write good."

"No, you write well."

"A well is a hole with water in it."

"No, it means, uh, good."

"Ah, so you are saying that I write good."

"No, you write well."

"If I didn't write well, would I be writing sick?"

"No, you'd be writing uh... badly."

"Okay, and what's the opposite of bad?"

"Uh... good."

"Mmm-hmm. Maybe you just meant to say that I write good stuff with a silent stuff. You can't write well stuff."

"Well, uh, no."

"Man, there you go again, you really like using well a little too much. Maybe you should be using flawlessly or perfectly or proficiently or skillfully, instead of well, if that's what you are really trying to say."

"Uh..."

"Anyways, who cares if I write it well, if it isn't any good? I just wanna write something good."

"Uh..."

"Man, you sure don't know how to talk too good."

"..."

"Hmm, are you feeling okay? You don't look so good."

No comments: