Thursday, April 24, 2008

Your Thoughts Betray You

I don't feel bad for any of these guys that think they got their asses handed to 'em by WoW.

WoW was Luke Skywalker coming along and kicking everybody's evil ass inside-out as far as I'm concerned.

It was a long time coming and I'm glad it came, the evil was all over the goddam place when WoW finally rolled through town.

I've always hated all that smirky kangaru.net know-it-all evercrack boil-the-frog-slowly shit, how to make players waste more time by making all the hallways ten feet longer instead of giving them content and all that crap like that.

Treating players in a predatory way, using them for shit, as if you had somehow transformed yourself into a totally different and superior species, that's the bad shit, man, that's the Dark Side.

I'm a developer, these are my players, I don't play games, I study them.

Very few of the people who walked through that place came out the other side in good shape.

Fix yourself.

You aren't a vampire or a rockstar.

You aren't even anything like an artist.

I don't think you even like this shit or understand this shit anymore.

I dunno if you ever did.

I don't remember you being there at any of the battles where the good guys won.

A lot of the guys you look up to, in the wrong way, were down there fighting alongside the good guys in the front lines.

Sometimes.

The Brad was there.

Sometimes.

Smed was even down there.

Sometimes.

But maybe you were there.

Sometimes.

Try to remember.

That's all you have to do.

I know there is still good in you.

It might not be enough to make you into anything great.

But at least you'll quit making me sick to my stomach.

You might even have enough good left inside you to transform yourself back into some kinda Charlie Brown guy that I can at least feel a little sorry for ahaha.

No comments: