Saturday, May 10, 2008

Kill Eleven Rats

Man, Zub has some interesting junk about "not reading quests" and pattern recognition and being a bored oldbie and not being able to reclaim that original "new player feeling" and whatever, if you read all his links.

As far his question goes, I usually just read all the quests thoroughly when I get to a new area, and then quit paying attention on any lines where the quest text don't seem to add any entertainment value.

There definitely are some funny and entertaining ones that ain't part of the epic stuff that come along when you're higher level, though, 'cause there ain't all those chickens to save and junk like there is in the newbie yard.

But yah, if you get a bunch of duds in a row, y'know, quest text that don't add anything to your entertainment value, and you feel like you've wasted your time, you ain't gonna keep wasting your time, and you might even miss something that's good, and continue to miss anything that's good, that's just one of those "only as strong as the weakest link" type of things, I think.

And I think there's a positive side to being able to recognize patterns, too, to go along with the negative side, and I don't really believe that you can't reclaim that new car smell dealie, I don't think that just comes from not knowing how to play a game, or not showing up with a full set of biases from some other game, and those are all fixable things, but I don't really have time to think it all out, I gotta go to a barbecue heh.

No comments: