Friday, September 7, 2007

Roll On the Morality Table

Morality (d12)

1. Aesthetic
2. Virtuous
3. Normal
4. Normal
5. Lusty
6. Lusty
7. Lustful
8. Immoral
9. Amoral
10. Perverted *
11. Sadistic *
12. Depraved *

*Roll again, if perverted, sadistic, or depraved is again indicated, the character is that; otherwise, the second roll tells the true morals, and the first roll is ignored in favor of the second.

That's an excerpt from the Ultra Arcane AD&D 2nd Edition Dungeon Masters Guide, its one of a bunch of tables that can be used to randomly assign personality traits and shit to an NPC.

I don't see Morally Apathetic on the List, so I guess I'm Aesthetic, which is nice and everything, but that's kinda wierd, 'cause according to the List, it seems like its better than being Morally Virtuous, which I'm absolutely not heh.

I mean, I could roll on this table every day and just pretend to be that way for the rest of the day and it wouldn't make any difference to me.

So what is that, in terms of Morality?

Amoral, mebbe?

Why is amoral better than perverted, then?

Seems like Amoral should be in the number 12 spot on the Chart of Morality.

Well, number 12 definitely shouldn't be depraved, depraved is like the retarded kid that was raised by Wolves humping yer leg and shit, its unconscious immorality, I don't see how that would follow sadistic and perverted and amoral and immoral in any kinda way you could sort these things.

And what's up with Lustful.

I guess its like Extra Lusty, or something.

Hmm, now that I think about it, mebbe I am depraved and not an aesthetic, then heh.

I think there needs to be a 13th choice in the Table that ties Aesthetic to Depraved somehow and turns the whole thing into a Wheel of Morality.

Yah, that's what I am, baby, Morally Bipolar or some shit ahaha.

No comments: